Wednesday, November 08, 2006

House viewing day

I have an appointment with my relocation specialist, Salina, to go house viewing today. She has prepared a few places for me to look at.

There were 5 on the list.
1) Olde Redmond Place Apartments
2) The Firs
3) The Park by Forbes Creek
4) The Colony at Bear Creek
5) Lakemont Orchard

Of this 5 places, Lakemont Orchard was unavaliable. The manager called up this morning saying the apartment has been occupied. So off I go to see the apartments.

1) Olde Redmond Place Apartments


The good thing about this place is that it's very near my work place. Over all the place was nice. It had a nice scenery outside the window.


However, it was too costly. At US$1000 it wasn't something I wanted to pay.

2) The Firs
This is the second time I been to this place. However, it was the first time for Salina. She gave me the girls point of well of the place.

Firstly, the location wasn't very good. It was located in a busy junction, so there's heavy traffic everyday. You'll hear it from the apartment. Also, because of the heavy traffic, it'll be jam up when I go to work and come back from work.

Next, the apartment was quite old, so the things inside were old. The carpet was that clean. The toilet had a urine smell. The toilet floor was sloped, meaning there was water damage. The old building means you'll hear your neighbour. It's 2 washer and dryers shared amount 16 households.

Overall, she didn't really like the place. She rate it as the second worst apartment she has gone to. Only plus is that the rent is cheap at $795 for a first floor and $815 for the second floor.


The next 2 places, I'll discribe in another post because those are the 2 I'm considering. I don't want to wait too long. Have a deadline to move in. So I'll have to decide soon. Not much options left.

3) The Park by Forbes Creek
4) The Colony at Bear Creek

1 Comments:

Blogger ella said...

I'm so glad u had help from Salina..

Friday, November 10, 2006 12:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home