2002 Kia Spectra
This morning, I woke up "early" to go test drive a car that I was interested in. It was a Kia Spectra. Some basic information about the car. It's around 4-5 years old. It has 44k milage.

My impression of the car... wasn't very good. The car is really a basic car. There's nothing extra in the car, no power windows, no power locks (you need to turn the key), no ABS, no CD player, no power side-mirror. (Adjust by hand). It's only good for getting from place A to B, thats all.
The car also wasn't very well taken car of. The owner was a mum with a few kids. So the inside of the car was very dirty. Lots of leaves, and stains on the seat. There were also scratches on the plastic door.
On the outside of the car, there was a minor damage to the bumper. It was definitely hit before.


When I test drived the car, it was ok. Nothing special about the car. Not much power, but it was expected. Only thing I was worried about was before the car started moving, and I pressed on the brakes, I heard some metal sounds. Like when you drag a metal chain over the floor. Not very loud, but I wasn't sure what was the problem. The brakes worked fine though.
The guy was selling the car at US$6999. I told him I can offer no more than $6000. He didn't even hestiate and said yes. Seems so weird to me, that he was so willing to drop the price by 1000.
Later that day, I talked to a few friends. Their advice, Don't get the car. It's a Kia, so there's a higher chance that I'll have to pay more for the maintence. Furthermore, the car had 2 accidents before this on the previous owner. I don't know how bad the accident was, and it make it very difficult to sell the car later on.

My impression of the car... wasn't very good. The car is really a basic car. There's nothing extra in the car, no power windows, no power locks (you need to turn the key), no ABS, no CD player, no power side-mirror. (Adjust by hand). It's only good for getting from place A to B, thats all.
The car also wasn't very well taken car of. The owner was a mum with a few kids. So the inside of the car was very dirty. Lots of leaves, and stains on the seat. There were also scratches on the plastic door.
On the outside of the car, there was a minor damage to the bumper. It was definitely hit before.


When I test drived the car, it was ok. Nothing special about the car. Not much power, but it was expected. Only thing I was worried about was before the car started moving, and I pressed on the brakes, I heard some metal sounds. Like when you drag a metal chain over the floor. Not very loud, but I wasn't sure what was the problem. The brakes worked fine though.
The guy was selling the car at US$6999. I told him I can offer no more than $6000. He didn't even hestiate and said yes. Seems so weird to me, that he was so willing to drop the price by 1000.
Later that day, I talked to a few friends. Their advice, Don't get the car. It's a Kia, so there's a higher chance that I'll have to pay more for the maintence. Furthermore, the car had 2 accidents before this on the previous owner. I don't know how bad the accident was, and it make it very difficult to sell the car later on.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home